Extend the opportunity for retroactive rewards

Hello all, there is an unpleasant situation that I think I was not the only one.

I got the role of early contributor in discord, testing the network

Wanted to unlock the tokens I was a little short on time

I thought it was possible to execute everything up to and including 10 03

I did a volume of trades on nUSDC but the ability to claim never came up yet

Yeah I don’t deny it, I was a little late. But I did the test network and never got the SWIV even though I burned gas and still have the nUSDC.

I think I’m not the only one with this problem.
I propose to give latecomers the opportunity to claim
I hope for your understanding

My nickname in Discord Speedyparkins#8390

13 Likes

Its upto the team to decide, but I would say they should be given another chance. If the team decides to reduce the amount or increase the trading requirements its upto them.

But my suggestion would be to give another opportunity and be done with it. Dont reduce the time given to trade ntokens, it will help pump and dump.

3 Likes

Yes yes it’s a good idea, there was no official announcement on discord, we relied on what Julian said

2 Likes

As a user that was not “late” at all in trying to acquire their retroactive reward allocation, it was not easily understood that there was a deadline after which any unearned awards were forfeited.

If it were the case that the first epoch was the only chance to earn the retroactive awards allocation, the docs (https://docs.swivel.finance/swivel-exchange/retroactive-distribution) should have been explicit on this topic. At a minimum, there should have been a bold disclaimer reading “Any unearned awards will be forfeit after 03–10-22.”

Separately, since users have to earn their retroactive reward allocation by trading on the platform then it benefits the protocol to continue allowing users to participate in this program. This program should be continued along with the next liquidity incentive epoch as another way to stimulate activity for the protocol. In fact, the way the docs are worded it seemed logical that this program would continue with the same parameters.

3 Likes

I have a certain understanding of the content of the proposal and what the person who said here says.
On the other hand, it is important to keep in mind that some people have traded properly within the deadline. With this proposal, there is no need to delay the progress of the project (such as a liquidity program).

2 Likes

I totally agree. We need to continue the program. Since this will lead to the fact that users who honestly earned their tokens will be able to unlock them. Plus, there will be additional activity on the platform. It will be very handy at the initial stage. I’m sure it will be a mutual decision. Which will benefit everyone. I ask everyone to make more activity in this post. For us to be heard.

2 Likes

I think It’s bad idea, because we all had a month for that, and due to situation we were trying to unlock the drop, and many guys lost money because the rates were falling and they had to make decisions depending on deadline. And now because of someone forgot about this drop you want to change the rules of the game. Definitely not fair

5 Likes

I think that many users are going through this issue that they couldn’t unlock their retroactive reward. Same issue happened with me as well. I could unlock only 33% of the allotted amount.
I tried to trade as much as possible but some of my orders didn’t execute till the 10th March.
And as there was an issue with swivel finance that partially filled orders were getting canceled automatically.
So, I think we should be given some more time to unlock those rewards or find any other solution to distribute that.( such as distributing it linearly every month).

To those people who have been missing from Swivel since the mainnet launch for almost one month and only coming back to ask for an unlocking period extension, how would you propose to make it fair for people who have been with Swivel since the beginning until now and to those who made huge losses trying to unlock their retrospective rewards on time?

It seems to me that you guys only come back for the airdrop and will be leaving immediately after you get what you want.

4 Likes

1.should have a retroactive claim 2.should be rewarded by roles…and of course also by providing liquidity

I believe that it is necessary to extend the period for fulfilling the conditions for everyone to have an equal chance

What I want to say is, those of you who didn’t unlock tokens, didn’t actively keep up with Swivelfinance information, and missed the unlock time. According to my survey, many people know they have token airdrops, but the gas fee is high, they choose to give up, and now these people come to ask for an extension of the unlocking time, which is not fair to the people who unlocked. . All announcements specify that the tokens will be Unlock until March 10th, so as long as you’re actively participating in the community, you won’t be overwhelmed.

3 Likes

NO,What I want to say is, those of you who didn’t unlock tokens, didn’t actively keep up with Swivelfinance information, and missed the unlock time. According to my survey, many people know they have token airdrops, but the gas fee is high, they choose to give up, and now these people come to ask for an extension of the unlocking time, which is not fair to the people who unlocked. . All announcements specify that the tokens will be Unlock until March 10th, so as long as you’re actively participating in the community, you won’t be overwhelmed.

2 Likes

As seen in uniswap, dydx and ens airdrops, airdrop is a very successful method to create a community, grow it, be visible on social media and attract attention… I think it would be appropriate for as many people as possible to benefit from the airdrop, provided that it is a fair share.

To be honest, I don’t think it’s fair to those who spent their money to unlock their rewards by the deadline. But I don’t want to deprive the latecomers of their reward either, so I suggest cutting their reward by 50%.

1 Like

Guys I read a lot of posts, and see that many are not happy with my proposal, but I am just like you burn gas I am still stuck nUSDC and am in limbo because no tokens, wasted ether, and lost on the course nUSDC

In the end the token will come out in 2 -3 months at best in any case none of you will get it before

And besides, there were a few people like me who bought nUSDC 10.03

And again, a normal announcement was not, neither in the pinned messages or in the channel with the announcements

We already live in a difficult time, and many also tested the product as well as everyone else, but someone got distracted or something else is not an excuse but in fact the exchanger is not ready so what a difference.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

totally agree. In crypto, you always need to keep your finger on the pulse and actively monitor the projects you’re involved in. This will serve as a good lesson

Hi everyone!
first I’d like to thank Speedyparkins for talking about this issue, I totally agree with him that its a demand of the people in the Swivel community to be able to be a part of this as we never had a official announcement in the discord server to be informed about the deadline, I myself never got any notification about this from Swivel. so I’m 100% sure there are so many people who took their time to participate in the testnet and filled the form also had their suggestions in the community for the project to grow and now we need to gather everyone back in one place. at the end I totally support his words and sincerly ask to extend the time so that all the people who did the tasks come in and we all go to the moon together. thank you all.

2 Likes

I was not late I did the retroactive part but still as I did not receive any notification about the time limitation i strongly recomend to extend the time and let people complete the task and be able to jump in.

I am amazed reading all the comments and see that there was no sign for ending the time and it was closed! please increase the time for the people.